Phoenix Disabled Widow and Widowers Insurance Benefits (DWIB)
At Pekas Smith: Arizona Disability Attorneys, our Phoenix Social Security disability lawyers have the skills, knowledge, and real world legal experience helping people obtain Disabled Widow and Widowers Insurance Benefits (DWIB). Our entire practice is focused on disability law and we have recovered millions of dollars in financial support for our clients. If you have questions about DWIB benefits, we are more than happy to help. For a free, no commitment case evaluation with a top-rated Arizona Social Security disability attorney, please call us at 6022771745 or get in touch with us directly online.
An Overview of Disabled Widow and Widowers Insurance Benefits (DWIB)
Dealing with the loss of a spouse is difficult enough, and it is even more challenging if you have an injury, long-term illness, or medical impairment that keeps you from working. Social Security disability provides some options. Through a claim for Disabled Widow(er)s Insurance Benefits (DWIB), you may be able to obtain disability benefits based on your deceased spouse’s work record. In order to qualify for DWIB benefits, an applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Medical Requirements for Widow/Widower Benefits: To bring a successful application for disabled widow(er) benefits, you must provide medical documentation that establishes a qualifying disability. Notably, the medical standard for DWIB disability claims is the same as it is for SSDI claims and SSI claims. If you have questions about what constitutes a disability for the purposes of Social Security, our Phoenix, AZ attorneys can help.
- Legal Requirements for Widow/Widower Benefits: Beyond proving disability status, there are also complicated legal requirements that must be met to obtain Disabled Widow and Widowers Insurance benefits. To start, you must have been disabled before your spouse’s passing or you must have become disabled within seven years of their death. After too much time has passed, you can no longer bring this type of claim. In addition, you must be between 50 and 60 years old when applying for these benefits. After age 60, you may become eligible for Social Security retirement benefits through your deceased spouse.
There are many myths and misconceptions about Social Security disability benefits for widows and widowers. We want to make sure you have the information and tools you need to protect your best interests and maximize your benefits. If you have any specific questions or concerns about obtaining widow/widower benefits in Maricopa County, please do not hesitate to contact our Phoenix Social Security disability attorneys for help.
What to Do If Your DWIB Benefits are Denied in Phoenix
Disabled widow/widower benefits are supposed to provide financial support through difficult times. If your claim for DWIB benefits was turned down by the Social Security Administration, it is normal to feel frustrated and stressed out. Here are three steps you should take:
- Review the disability denial letter and confirm the SSA’s stated reasoning;
- Find out the deadline by which you need to file an appeal; and
- Set up a free, confidential claim evaluation with an experienced Phoenix disability lawyer.
Social Security disability claims are complex. If you are preparing to challenge the denial of Disabled Widow and Widowers Insurance Benefits, it is imperative that you submit a strong appeal. Our Phoenix disability denial attorneys represent clients in every stage of the appeals process.
How the Phoenix Disabled Widow/Widower Attorneys at Pekas Smith: Arizona Disability Attorneys Can Help
The Disabled Widow and Widowers Insurance Benefits claims process is complicated. Sadly, many people have a hard time getting access to the financial support they need and deserve. At Pekas Smith: Arizona Disability Attorneys, we are here to help simplify the claims process and protect your rights. Among other things, our Phoenix Social Security disability attorneys will:
- Conduct a free, in-depth review of your disabled widow/widower claim;
- Answer your questions and explain all of your disability options;
- Gather and organize all required documents, records, and information; and
- Take your case as far as needed to maximize your disability benefits.
Every disabled widow/widower claim involves its own unique set of facts and circumstances. You deserve legal guidance from a Social Security disability lawyer who put care, passion, and resources into your case. With many reviews and testimonials from previous clients, our law firm has a strong record of success. Initial consultations are free and there are no fees until we win your case.
Get Help With a Disabled Widow and Widowers Insurance Benefits Claim in Phoenix
At Pekas Smith: Arizona Disability Attorneys, our Phoenix Social Security disability lawyers have extensive experience handling Disabled Widow and Widowers Insurance Benefits claims. We work tirelessly to help people get access to the full and fair Social Security benefits that they need and deserve. If you have questions or concerns about DWIB benefits, our attorneys are ready to get started. For a free, no obligation review of your case, please call us at 6022771745 or contact us online. We handle DWIB claims in Phoenix and throughout Maricopa County, including in Mesa, Tempe, Avondale, Scottsdale, Glendale, and Chandler.Get Help Today
We Can Help You Too!We’ve Secured Millions of Dollars in
Disability Benefits for Our Clients
NO FEES UNLESS WE WIN YOUR CASE.
We’re Here for You Get Help Today!
Free Consultation. No Fees Until We Win You Benefits.