Phoenix Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
At Pekas Smith: Arizona Disability Attorneys, our Phoenix Social Security Disability Insurance attorneys are experienced, results-focused advocates for people and families. With an exclusive focus on disability law, our firm has secured millions in financial compensation for our clients. If your SSDI claim was denied or you have general questions about your legal rights or legal options, we are more than ready to help. To set up a free, strictly confidential consultation with a skilled Arizona SSDI lawyer, please call our Phoenix office at 7634459074 or send us a message directly online.
An Overview of Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) is a federal disability insurance program. Overseen by the Social Security Administration (SSA), SSDI is funded by payroll tax contributions. Coverage through SSDI is not automatic. You must have paid a sufficient amount into the system through payroll tax contributions. To qualify for SSDI benefits in Phoenix, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Medical Requirements for Disability: There are strict medical eligibility requirements for SSDI. To qualify for SSDI benefits, you must have a disabling medical condition that prevents you from working on a full-time basis. In making a disability determination, the SSA will take into account a worker’s age, education, and job skills. All successful SSDI claims are built on a strong foundation of supporting medical evidence.
- Financial/Legal Requirements for Disability: There are also important financial and legal eligibility requirements for SSDI claims. To start, the SSA will review your income. If you are making too much money, your claim can be denied. Additionally, the agency will review your work history to confirm that you have sufficient “credits” to qualify for SSDI coverage.
SSDI benefits are subject to a five-month waiting period. The official onset of your disability is the date that you are no longer able to work on a full-time basis due to your medical condition. You will be eligible to receive SSDI benefits five months after the initial onset of your disability. If you have any questions about the waiting period, call our Phoenix SSDI attorneys for help.
What You Should Know About SSDI Appeals in Phoenix, Arizona
Unfortunately, many qualified people have a hard time getting access to their SSDI benefits. If you received a denial letter from the SSA, you still have options available. Do not give up on your right to file an appeal. There are four separate stages to the Social Security Disability Insurance appeals process:
- Reconsideration: SSDI appeals always start with reconsideration. Essentially, it is a paper review of the initial decision. During this stage in the appeals process, applicants have an opportunity to submit additional evidence to support their claim. Our Phoenix SSDI lawyers can help you submit a request for reconsideration.
- Administrative Judge Hearing: If your SSDI claim is denied on reconsideration, you have the right to a hearing before an administrative law judge. At Pekas Smith: Arizona Disability Attorneys, our Phoenix Social Security appeal attorneys have represented more than 15,000 clients in administrative hearings. We will help you build and present a strong case.
- Appeals Council: If the administrative judge denies your claim, you have the right to request a hearing before a full administrative appeals council. Notably, the appeals council does not have to hear your case.
- Federal Disability Litigation: After all of your other legal options have been exhausted, you always have the right to take your Social Security Disability Insurance claim to court. You can file a lawsuit to seek your SSDI benefits.
SSDI appeals are time-sensitive. The sooner you get started, the greater your chances for recovering disability benefits. If you got an SSDI denial notification, you should contact an experienced Phoenix Social Security disability lawyer for immediate assistance with your case.
You Can Rely on the Phoenix SSDI Attorneys at Pekas Smith: Arizona Disability Attorneys
Social Security Disability Insurance claims are notoriously complex. At Pekas Smith: Arizona Disability Attorneys, we are committed to helping clients with every step of the SSDI claims process. You do not have to navigate the system alone. When you call our Phoenix office, you will have a chance to speak to an experienced Arizona SSDI lawyer who will:
- Listen to your story and explain the legal claims process;
- Gather the evidence and information you need to bring a successful claim; and
- Guide through the entire process, taking action to maximize your SSDI benefits.
A local law firm focused on providing top-quality Social Security disability representation in Phoenix, our SSDI attorneys put personal care and attention into each and every case. To learn more about our Social Security Disability Insurance services, check out what our clients have to say. You pay nothing until we win your SSDI case.
Contact Our Phoenix SSDI Lawyers Today
At Pekas Smith: Arizona Disability Attorneys, our Phoenix SSDI lawyers provide honest, results-focused legal representation. We work tirelessly to help disabled people get and maintain the full and fair financial benefits that they rightfully deserve. If your Social Security Disability Insurance claim was denied or you need help navigating the claims process, our team is here for you. Contact us today at 763-445-9074 for a free initial consultation. We represent people in Phoenix and throughout Maricopa County.Get Help Today
We Can Help You Too!We’ve Secured Millions of Dollars in free consultation
Disability Benefits for Our Clients
NO FEES UNLESS WE WIN YOUR CASE.
We’re Here for You Get Help Today!
Free Consultation. No Fees Until We Win You Benefits.